It is the policy of De Jour to become involved in environmental matters relating to its food and drink preparation, service, and waste disposal.
It is the policy of De Jour to aim for continuous improvement in environmental performance, and where possible take action to prevent pollution at source, taking into consideration, business objectives, employees and the local community.
In particular the company will:
- Meet and where appropriate, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation, and where no regulation exists, we shall set appropriate standards.
- Establish objectives and programmes for the reduction and control of air emissions, discharges to trade effluent, discharges to land, waste disposal, energy and water use.
- Increase the proportion of waste materials that are reused and recycled.
- Implement systems for environmental control and improvement, which include the clear definition of responsibilities and objectives.
- Maintain the necessary procedures to deal promptly and effectively with any environmental emergencies.
- Ensure our operations have the minimum impact on the local environment.
- Ensure that the local community, and interested parties, are kept informed with relevant information.
- Train relevant staff in environmental matters to enable them to participate in the above controls.
- Review suppliers to ensure they meet acceptable environmental standards and they supply from sustainable sources where possible.
- This policy is available to the general public upon request. The Environmental Policy is also incorporated into the company’s website and is readily accessible through our website address www.dejour.co.uk
R. Moulding (Managing Director)